I blew up Gallifrey once. I freely confess it. Is there a statute of limitations? It was a long time ago – at the end of the last century, and Steve Cole was my accomplice. We were young. Well, younger. We got the Doctor to pull a lever that wiped out his own people to put an end to a terrible Time War. And then we documented our actions in a novel called The Ancestor Cell.
It’s a different story to the recent and wonderful TV episode The Day of the Doctor. But a recent Facebook discussion about the 50th Anniversary special reminded me that I hadn’t yet reblogged all the material about The Ancestor Cell that I published on my old website. So I’ve done that now. Thank you Jason Miller and Jon Blum for providing the nudge I needed.
There’s a main blog post, and then sundry other bits and pieces:
- The main blog entry that links them all
- A Monthly Telepress article written for the BBC
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- An interview with Doctor Who Magazine
- The Top Ten Questions I used to get asked about the novel
- A summary of the many early reviews
- A section of the novel that was unpublished.